Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

poem imstraned

I’m stranded.

Right at crossroads.

Where do I go from here?

Hmm…I close my eyes and try to feel the air I’m breathing in...

“Move! Move faster! Or you will be left behind.”

A push from behind.

“But I don’t wanna move fast. I don’t wanna go that way. What if I wanna be left behind?”

Cruel mocking laugh.

I feel my soul being stamped upon.

“Silly. You have to. Maybe you don’t want to. But you have to.”

I sense the power and assertiveness in the ‘have to’.

Then it comes.

“Sweetie, I should know better than you. I have seen life. You’re better off this way. Trust me.”

Right.

I’m better off this way. Ahem!

Another push. Much stronger this time.


------------------------------------------------


And I move along.

Along with others.
Coz this is what I “need”.

I see everyone around me.
But I can’t feel them.

Infact I don’t even feel myself anymore.
I’ve become numb.


--------------------------------------------------


“Hurry, honey!”

And I move along….



This I wrote sometime back...when I was quite pissed off at the people around me, the things that I myself was doing and the fact that I was turning into the person that others wanted me to...thinking of which...everything's pretty much the same; the past and the present.

0 comments: